Updated: May 2
Don’t spend hours getting your makeup perfect. We’ve typed up some tips, tricks and hacks that will change your makeup game! Making your application quicker and looking perfect every time!
Have a read, try it out & tag us in your selfie when you test these hacks! @ssmakeupstudio
Love SS xo
1. Concealer - Cover up dark under eyes and puffiness
Forget about dotting your concealer. Instead, apply it in a triangle shape, with the base at your lash line and the tip at the bottom of your cheek.
This will hide redness beneath the eyes, and brighten up your whole face. My personal favourite concealer is Peggy Sage coverage concealer.
We will post about our top products on our next blog!
2. Eyeshadow - Make your eyeshadow stand out & last longer
If you really want your eye shadow colour to pop, use this trick. Apply eye primer or concealer all over your eyelid. Then apply your favourite shadow. The base will help to intensify the colour. But also eye primer/base will prevent your eyeshadow from creasing & coming off! It will last ALL DAY! Our favourite eye primer is P.Louise eye base 02. Or use your liquid concealer you have at the moment! It works in the same way.
3. Get more out of your makeup - Foundation & concealer tubes
Don’t throw away makeup in tubes just because it seems like they are empty.
Your squeezey makeup tubes hold a lot of product, so don’t throw them away when you think they are done! Cut them open and scoop out the rest of the product out! It will save you a lot of money on makeup!
4.Perfect winged eyeliner? No problem- Use a spoon
All you need is a spoon & liquid eyeliner to get that perfect cat eye flick that everyone raves about. Start your eyeliner as you would for a cat eye look, press the rounded side of the spoon against your eyelid, and move the spoon outwards to create the winged effect. Then repeat on the other side. Don’t forget to wipe off any excess liner on the spoon before you dig into your cereal LOL!
5. Match your foundation to your neck! - Not your arm
Our arms are often darker than our faces because of sun exposure, even if it's just a little bit. For a truer match, swatch on your neck and always test 2-3 shades in the makeup shop!
6. Get glowing dewy skin with this foundation hack
Getting dewy skin requires one simple step. Mix a sheer foundation or concealer with a hydrating facial oil or moisturiser
and apply it with a fluffy face brush or damp makeup blender. This will give you a no-makeup feel with a beautiful, natural-looking glow.
7. Make your eyes look bigger- with nude eyeliner!
Lining your waterline with nude eyeliner is a trick to help make your eyes appear bigger and more awake. Try this hack using a nude eyeliner kohl the next time you look like you didn’t get enough sleep from the night out before!
8. Say Bye to clumpy mascara
Soak your mascara tube in a cup of hot water to make the formula thinner and easier to apply. (Don’t use boiling water)
9. Don’t have a fan brush to apply your highlighter?- Bobby pin…
The best way to apply highlighter to enhance your cheek bones is definitely with a fan brush! Don’t have one? Get a bobby pin and slide it across your powder brush!
10. How to get bigger lips-without having filler!
· Step 1: Exfoliate- use a new toothbrush to scrub over the lips, getting rid of any dead skin! This also brings the blood to the surface of the lips making them a little more plump! -
· Step 2: Mask- apply either a Collagen lip mask or hydrating face mask to the lips for 5 minutes. I’ve used @origins mask. -
· Step 3: Hydrate- apply lip balm to hydrate & smooth the skin. I’ve used @sportfxcosmetics lip balm. -
· Step 4: Overline- using a lip pencil slightly overline your natural lip shape starting at your Cupid’s bow. Don’t go too OTT as it will be super fun obvious that you’ve over drawn them. I’ve used @hudabeauty lip pencil. -
· Step 5: Liquid Lipstick- apply a liquid lipstick all over the lips especially where you’ve overdrawn, this will give a sharper finish. I’ve used @hudabeauty liquid lipstick. -
· Step 6: Lipstick- apply a lighter coloured lipstick to the middle of the lips. I’ve used @__dollbeauty_ lipstick. -
· Step 7: Gloss- apply a light coloured/clear lipgloss to the middle of the lips only. This makes the lips look more plump from the middle. Looking more natural. I’ve used @hudabeauty lip strobe gloss. -
And there you have it... fuller looking lips 👄 Take a look at our step-by-step video on how to do this! @ssmakeupstudio (Instagram) https://www.instagram.com/tv/B_F3WwYDmef/?igshid=1fp5pmswvy293
That’s our 10 makeup hacks that will change every girls life!
Give it a go girls! I promise it will change up your makeup game! Let us know what you would like to see in our next blog post!
If you enjoyed this blog post, share it with a friend! Everyone should know these makeup tips!
Love SS xo